What we do

We register and regulate charities in England and Wales, to ensure that the public can support charities with confidence.

Read more about what we do

Our management

Contact Charity Commission

Support for online forms

Use this service if you are experiencing technical problems with an annual return, a registration application or using one of our web forms.

Please note, we cannot talk you through a form or provide password information.

Annual accounts should now be submitted online. Please do not send accounts to PO Box 1329 or PO Box 1227 as these addresses are now inactive and the accounts will not be received.

Complain about a charity

What to do if a charity won't deal with your complaint, or if you suspect illegal activity like terrorism or abuse.

Report a serious incident

Use this service if you are a trustee of a registered charity and you want to report a serious incident in your charity.
The commission will let you know it’s received your report and will assess how you are dealing with the incident. It will contact you again if it:

• needs more information about the incident
• has to give you regulatory advice and guidance
• has to use its legal powers to protect your charity


Use this service if you are a paid charity employee or adviser and you want to report suspected wrongdoing in the organisation you work for.
Read our guidance Whistleblowing: guidance for charity employees (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/whistleblowing-guidance-for-charity-employees)

Enquiry form

Make an FOI request

  1. Read about the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and how to make a request
  2. Check our previous releases to see if we’ve already answered your question
  3. Make a new request by contacting us at:

Corporate information

Jobs and contracts

Read about the types of information we routinely publish in our Publication scheme. Our Personal information charter explains how we treat your personal information. Find out About our services.